Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Grandma Comes to Visit!!!

Grandma Shelar was here to visit for a whole week! Emma melted Grandma’s heart, as she does for everyone!!! :) Grandma treated Emma to lots of quality time while treating Seth and me to lots of delicious home cooking – lasagna, tacos, brownies, oatmeal cookies, and so much more!!! Are you jealous?


Emma’s favorite pastimes with Grandma were photo shoots and exploring the great outdoors or “surveying” the property. Grandma taught Emma all about the various senses, especially touch! Emma even got to rub her toes on some flowers with Grandma!!!


Here is one of my favorites from a photo shoot:


My mother took the time to instill lots of confidence in me as a mother. Something I’ll always be grateful for. We were able to accomplish small tasks in the week, such as going grocery shopping, running errands, and going out to eat. Each trip was a confidence booster in itself!

And to top things off…Seth and I were spoiled with a night out, while Grandma babysat. We didn’t go very far, just a local restaurant, but it was nice evening for the two of us.

Emma went through lots of changes while Grandma was here:
• She got bigger – and started growing out of her newborn clothing;
• Her hair got lighter;
• She continued to focus on people’s faces;
• She started smiling;
• She appeared to be trying to communicate a bit with her grunts and various sounds; and
• She is fussing a lot more, especially in the evening hours.
Grandma got to see all the action!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I love you Lauren. I will always cherish the special visit I had with you, Seth and Emma. You have a beautiful family together. I am thrilled for you sweetheart. Love you always, Mom.