Grandpa Dage (my father) came to visit and take care of us for the entire week!!! And I learned, once again, goodbyes are hard – even with someone who lives only an hour away! What is wrong with me?!?!
We had a lot of fun with Grandpa. Emma’s favorite part was his daily routine of singing to her the “I love Grandpa” song. She loves the sound of his voice and responds to it immediately. Her Grandpa bought her a gorgeous tree, which will grow to be 30’ tall and 40’ wide with beautiful white flowers which arrive in the spring. I can’t wait until Emma can sit up by herself – there will be lots of adorable photographs to come of Emma propped up next to her tree.
My father spoiled Emma and I all week long – by supporting and caring for us, looking after the house and all the details, and even building us a bomb shelter during the tornado warnings we experienced this past week!!! We are forever grateful for the quality time we got to spend with him during these early weeks. Also, all his support allowed for me to continue my quest to get to know Emma and her schedule, sounds, fusses, personality, etc. Priceless. I’m so thankful for him and his thoughtfulness this week.
Friday, June 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment