Friday, September 23, 2011

One Third of a Year Old!

First off, let me start out with an apology… Sorry for not blogging more frequently. I started with a good pace, but failed miserably to keep it during the month of September. I hope to turn over a new leaf – how appropriate given that Fall is in full swing right now.

Back to the subject and focus of this blog, Emma. She turned four months old this week. Why is time passing by so quickly?!?! I can’t believe my baby girl is a whole third of a year old!


Some of her favorite activities this month have included the following:

• “Bouncing” in an excersaucer;
• Playing with toys, such as squeaky Sophie the giraffe and her friend “Zeus” (that is our name for him – not sure what the real one is) or stuffed animals;
• Grabbing onto soft fabrics;
• Folding her hands and looking really angelic;
• Holding onto her toes;


• Standing while only slightly supported;
• Spending more than only a few minutes on her belly;


• Grabbing onto (and not letting go) of momma’s hair;
• Splashing and making a mess during bathtime;
• Talking and telling stories;
• Cooking with Momma, a.k.a. sitting in her Bumbo seat while Momma prepares dinner;
• Napping un-swaddled (well only once and for only 10 minutes);


• Spending a week with Grandpa and Grandma Shelar;
• Exploring with Papa and Momma – she has enjoyed lots of local day trips;
• Visiting with Great Uncle Adrian and Great Aunt Kris; and
• Spending lots of quality time with Grandpa and Grandma Soós, Grandpa Dage, and Pepere.

I suspect she has started teething. She is drooling like a bull mastiff named Marley that I know. :) She rubs at her cheeks and has even had a bout with a low fever. None of this has effected her usual happy demeanor though.

Her four-month check-up is next week; I’ll have some stats at that time. We will also begin her immunizations at this check-up. :(

1 comment:

LivinLinds said...

I don't like the ending =( But I love her so much and her little personality that's shining so bright these days!