Friday, September 30, 2011

Solids?

According to the books, Emma is getting all she needs from Momma until she is 6 months old. However, lots of people start their infants on solids before 6 months and I want to know why? Supposedly, beginning at 4 months, an infant can start on simple foods such as cereals, avocados, bananas, etc.

I haven't started her on any solids yet. For selfish reasons, I'd like to put it off until she needs it. I love how simple life is right now - grab a diaper and go. She is getting what she needs and no need to worry about any extra cargo for now.

However, I'd like to hear from others on this subject. I constantly second guess myself when it comes to Emma. Ugh! If anyone has an opinion, please send me a note (lauren.soos@gmail.com) or comment on this post. I'd really apreciate it.

Also, for any of you who would like to make your own baby food, a friend of mine shared this website with me - http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/. I find it really helpful as I plan this next stage in Emma's life.

Many thanks!

No comments: