Monday, February 13, 2012

Backwards Crawling - That Counts, Right?

Emma is officially backwards, or headed in that direction.  While on her belly, she pushes herself backwards by getting her upper body off of the floor and pushing back at the same time.  This is easily done on the wood floors that we have in the house.  However, her mobility is very limited when on carpet.  She has been doing the backwards shuffle (on wood floors) for days now. 

She also loves to spin in place - to reach for a toy, Lily, or while tracking her Momma or Papa. 

I have a feeling that she will be on the move (crawling) any day now.  She has her eyes set on Lily's cat food and water dishes.  I would be willing to put money on the dishes as her first destination. 

Here are some photographs and videos of her recent adventures on her belly.

Backed herself into a bit of a jam.
"Once I'm on the move, you won't be able to escape me!"

In deep thought about crawling...

No comments: