Friday, November 22, 2013

Eating Habits

Now that Emma is 2.5 years old, I figured I'd do a post on her sophisticated eating habits.  Ha!

We have always offered her the food Seth and I eat.  We never make a separate meal for Emma.  It usually works out well - we have meals together and I don't have the hassle of preparing an additional meal.  But occasionally it just doesn't work out.  Like the other night's dinner of chicken wontons, edamame, and mixed greens.  She had a ton of fun pushing the soy beans out of their skins (and watching them fly across the room, but never actually eating any), ate a few pieces of lettuce, and told me about 100x's "I don't like WonToms."  So it is hit or miss, but mostly its a hit.

She actively participates in meal planning and helps me put together our weekly grocery list and meal plan.  I'll ask her what she wants for dinner and she'll tell me "Donuts!  Pizza!  Pasta!"  That is how it goes almost every week.  We will compromise and usually have a pizza or pasta meal catered to her.  And she is always available to prepare a meal!!!  She is a great little helper!  

And she loves Mexican food - she's got those Dage genes in her.  Enchiladas, tacos, burritos, beans, etc. she loves it.  She has even started relating everyday items to Mexican food.  Every night after dinner we roll up her bib, wash cloth, and place mat.  She calls it a burrito or taco (depending on how big it is) and then puts it in the laundry.  Sometimes I'll catch her stacking her food (like cheese and crackers or something of that sort) and she'll tell me she is making a taco.  I couldn't be any more proud in those moments.    

Here are some recent photos with her favorite foods.

Milkkkkk is still her all-time favorite.  She has a sippy
cup of milk every morning.

Helping Mama make tacos (here she is eating
tortilla).

Begging for steak from her Papa.  She finally started eating
meat (other than bacon) this summer - grilled steak was her
 gateway meat.  

Donuts are such a treat to this little lady.

This girl would put sour cream on just about
anything if you let her.  Here she is enjoying
it with her Mexican pizza.  After this meal she
told me she liked regular pizza not the Mexican one.

Muffins, or rather "birthday cakes" as Emma
likes to call them, are a favorite item to make on
weekends!

This lady devoured her plate of green chili, chicken,
and cheese enchiladas and a side of black beans!

Sometimes she really surprises us and eats a bowl of salad.

"Mama, I mix."  Emma will mix anything for you.

Mama: "What do you want for breakfast?"
Emma: "Pizza!!!!!!"

No comments: