Our initial responses at the first sign of a whine was to jump into action asking "what does she need - milk, cuddle, pacifier, toy, etc." Then we realized she started whining ALL-THE-TIME, because she got such a great reaction from us. Then we tried telling her "No", but that didn't have any effect. She would just whine louder. After receiving some great advice from a great friend (Auntie Bonnie) we've moved onto the stage of ignoring the whining and rewarding the good behavior. And we've noticed less whining in a relatively short period of time. What a relief!!!
As annoying as the whining has been, it has been amazing to watch her learn to use her voice and get her way. She does have us wrapped around her pretty little finger.
Here is an action shot of her whining:
![]() |
| "Mom, how could you chose to ignore this?!?! I look so cute, even with my whine-face" |


2 comments:
She is cute when she's whining. They call it whinching in Australia. You haven't heard anything until you hear a room full of 3 year olds "whinching" at the same time.
I posted this to be true to all of Emma's developments!!! I agree - I think she is pretty cute, even while whinching!!!
Post a Comment