Monday, June 10, 2013

Things that make me...

Here are some random thoughts and websites that have made me cry and laugh over the last week(s).  Randomness for your Monday morning.

Cry because it is so good:
  • Patrick Stewart was asked a question and gave a beautiful response.  Story and video at Upworthy.
Cry because they are too sad:
  • Any violence or abuse towards children - I can't take it.  It makes me cry...hard.  And last week it seemed like there was a lot.
  • Any story of a nurse(s) who has made a positive impact on someone during their most vulnerable moment - especially this story at Huffington Post.
Give me chills:
  • Almost everything at this website - http://www.good.is/.
  • Same Love.  <Side note: Macklemore = amazing.  I know I'm late to the party, but I'm obsessed with all of his music/lyrics right now.>
Laugh out loud:
  • Autocorrect failures - I've had a few of my own, but this Best Of link is amazing.
  • Having Seth ask me what I want for my birthday and have Emma reply for me (who was outside of the conversation) with "Birthday Cake!"  <Side note: approaching Lauren's birthday month...>
Smile:
  • Strawberries from my favorite local farm, Springdell.
  • Cats and dogs doing funny things.
  • Hearing our baby's heart beating.
  • Any Ryan Gosling meme, but especially this one.

On another note, here are some good Rules to Live By.  

No comments: