Monday, September 30, 2013

52 Moments - Week 36

Emma is the opposite of a "typical" energetic, unruly 2-year-old.  She is much more entertained watching other 2-year-olds bounce off the walls, while she ducks for cover and cleans up their mess.  This is her signature playdate move.  That is why this week's moment, "GO GO GO", is ironic.  Emma doesn't really go, go, go herself; she would rather you do it and keep her entertained.  And she'll let you know, anytime she thinks you are slowing down.  A perfect example of this behavior occurred this past weekend while we hiked with some co-workers up Pack Monadnock.  Anytime the group slowed for water, to catch their breath, or to climb a steep ascent, Emma was yelling from her Papa's back "Go, Go, Go!" with a big smile on her face!  She kept the group moving the whole way up the mountain (and down).


Yes, it is true - Emma slept in her backpack on her Papa's back.  I know you are all amazed, Emma doesn't ever sleep when there is something to look at - like trees, people, or anything.  But sometimes the universe surprises us!  But don't be too surprised, Emma woke up about 10 seconds after I took this photo (maybe 30 seconds after she fell asleep) and a second or two after I whispered to her Papa "I figured I would take a photo, it will probably last longer than her nap."  So her "nap" was less than a minute!  No time for naps when you have a GO, GO, GO attitude!

No comments: