Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Game Changer

My second favorite development for infants is when they learn to sit up.  (My first is smiles.)  Isla tackled that development last month when she started sitting up with an assist from a pillow or two.  She was unstable and wobbly for a while.  Beginning a couple weeks ago, she mastered the art of sitting up.  I think it is a game changer in our household.  While sitting up, she is able to actively observe and participate in her surroundings.  Plus, she is a lot more interactive with Emma.  Another baby step towards independence.

Here she is in all of her sitting up glory.

"Hi Mom.  I love this chair!" 

"Does this angle make my love handles look big?"

"Emma can I have some of your ice cream?"

"Hey guys, pass me the guacamole please."

"Just lounging with my favorite big sister."

No comments: