Friday, October 31, 2014

A family that hikes together...

...stays together.  :)  One of my favorite New England pastimes is hiking.  Last month, we headed to a local mountain for a family centered hike.  It was an easy climb and a little over 1 mile to the top.  A perfect hike for our laid back Emma.  She enjoyed the hike up the mountain, even found a walking stick to use most of the way.

It took us 2 hours to hike 1 mile - a pace that was pretty painful for Seth and I.  So on the way down when she mentioned her legs were tired, I jumped on the opportunity to carry her the rest of the way.  Got to love love those Ergo carriers.

Here are some photos from our family hike last month.

Emma really wanted to carry Isla on her back.  

Emma and her walking stick.

Papa and his girls (Isla's in the backpack).

What a good hiking partner!

Just like her Mama, Emma found a rock she wanted to take home.

Emma doing some freestyle bouldering.

Miss independent with her bottle.

Emma enjoying the view at the top.

Hi guys!  Selfie from Mama and Emma.

Yay!  We made it!

Soos family selfie on the trail!

Carrying Emma down the mountain.

A good opportunity for a nap.

Seth and his mini-me.

1 comment:

Bon in California said...

What a great family adventure! I can't believe how big Isla has gotten! Emma looks like a real out door girl. I hope Mark gets a chance to take here fishing again.