Friday, October 10, 2014

Working Mom

I've had a few posts (rants) related to the guilt involved in being a working mom (here, here, and here).  But nothing compares to my current job and the travel that I am doing.  Once or twice a month, I leave my littles for commitments elsewhere in the country.  It breaks the heart a little.  Papa holds down the fort, and provides many opportunities for FaceTime sessions.  He also sends me adorable photos of them.  Like this one, truly one of my favorites.


When I return (typically in the middle of the night), I stand in their room for periods longer than I care to admit (secretly wanting to wake them).



But the reunions are always exciting and lately have included pig piles.


Let me assure you, while I'm gone, they are in great hands.  Here is a video of Emma explaining how happy she is.  When this was recorded, they were at the park and I was in Alabama.


I have no advice for working moms.  I don't feel like I have it together to offer any.  Instead, if you have any to offer, I'd love to hear it!  Bueller, Bueller?

No comments: