Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cloth Diapers Are Not Scary!

I love, love, love cloth diapers. There are many reasons I love them: environmental, financial, style, hygiene, etc. I would strongly encourage anyone adventurous to try them out. They are not as bad as you may think. Of course I say this and Emma hasn’t started eating solid foods yet… so things are fairly “simple” right now. Ha, ha, ha – I’ll let you know when my opinion changes.


I genuinely feel like a good citizen saving some much needed space from our landfills. Cloth diapers do require an initial investment ($17 to $20 a diaper). However, you quickly make your money back! Not only are the cloth diapers adorable and come in various colors, but they are better for Emma’s skin. Each time I put her little bum into a disposable diaper, her bottom breaks out in a diaper rash.

I’m happy we were encouraged (thanks Alissa!) to go with the cloth diapers! Emma is happy too!


Only downside to cloth diapers (if you can call it that) is the bulkiness. With Emma’s long torso and the added length of the cloth diapers, she quickly grows out of her onsies. Also, when on her side, the thickness of the cloth diaper doesn’t allow her to put her upper foot down (it is actually quite adorable!) And lately I’ve suspected she would be able to roll over had it not been for the bulkiness of the cloth diaper. Watching her roll around on her back is hilarious. Ha!

No comments: