Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fingers, Raspberries, and Storytelling... an Adorable Combo

Emma has always amazed me, but lately I'm in awe of her developing mind.  She has discovered so many fun new things.  Fingers, raspberries, and storytelling. 

Here she is sucking on her fingers.  Anytime she gets bored or sleepy, she just pops a finger in her mouth and goes to town.  I'm very excited about this development.  I'm hoping this means she is going to learn to pacify herself in the middle of the night with those fingers of hers.  Wishful thinking...


She has began to mimic blowing raspberries with her mouth.  They barely come across as "raspberries", but watching her try is just as fun as the real thing. 



And storytelling... She recently decided she was going to tell the stories.  I guess she felt my stories lacked creativity and she needed to tell her own.  :)  It started with one story (during an outing with her Grandma, Grandpa, Pop and Mom) and now she's chatting away while playing, nursing, burping, etc.  I'm so excited about this little discovery.  I love her sweet little voice.  

1 comment:

LivinLinds said...

I love the the finger sucking one!! I haven't seen that one. She is just going to town on those fingers!!! XOXO