Emma's pediatrician is Dr. Oteri in Milford, New Hampshire. My birthing class instructor put me in touch with Dr. Oteri's practice and I am forever thankful. Dr. Oteri rocks! Not only because she has pink highlights in her hair, but because she is in touch with the big picture. She isn't quick to prescribe medications to treat the symptoms, instead she looks for the cause.
For instance, since our Lakehouse Vacation, Emma has been experiencing some eczema. It continued to get worse while we were in California. Instead of just prescribing an oitment, Dr. Oteri took the time to go over my diet, Emma's bath routine (frequency, shampoos, lotions, etc.), and Emma's use of sun tan lotion. Dr. Oteri and I narrowed it down to her suntan lotion (Aveeno baby continuous protection with five chemicals listed as the active ingredients).
Every time I visit with Dr. Oteri, she discusses my diet and how it affects Emma. Following Emma's one month check-up I stopped eating dairy, which helped her baby acne significantly! It continues to be brought to my attention that Emma and I are a fine tuned machine right now - all working on continued growth and development for Emma. Any imbalance and our bodies have to work hard to put things back in order. It is truly amazing!
At Emma's two month check-up (yesterday - a little late!) I learned Emma is in the 75th and 90th precentiles for weight and length, respectively. She weighed in at 12 pounds and 11.5 ounces and is 24 inches long. She is meeting all of her developmental milestones (neck control, strength, cooing, smiles, overcoming reflex movements, etc.) She is definitely a big girl and her mommy couldn't be any more proud!
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment