Wow, my baby girl is almost two. I know, I know, I say that all the time, especially on these "birthday" posts. I can get really nostalgic when I realize how old she is. The other day I found myself telling a complete stranger with a newborn to enjoy those "early moments because it really does fly by". Exactly what many strangers shared with me late in Emma's pregnancy or during those early days. At the time, I thought their gesture was odd - you don't know me?!?! :) But the thing is, they really had "walked in my shoes" and had the opportunity to reflect, regret, look back, etc. Such wisdom...
Anyways, back to EMMA, because I know that is really why you are all here. She is a happy, independent, little 20-month-old. Here are some of the fun activities she has been enjoying:
- Anything related to art - drawing, coloring, painting, gluing, etc.;
- Snacking - trail mix, mandarins, raisins, apples, veggie packs (the store bought ones, not the ones her Mama tries to make for her), cheese, green smoothies, and larabars are a few of her favorites;
- Drinking and begging for milk - of course;
- Doing things on her own;
- Walking up and sometimes down stairs with an extra hand from someone;
- Helping you - making food (a favorite includes making cookies), cleaning, etc.;
- Being held or cuddled;
- Celebrating Papa's birthday;
- Having oh-so-much fun with Grandma, while Papa and Mama enjoyed a mini-winter vacation;
- Taking care of her baby dolls;
- Enjoying a snuggle/attachment to blankets;
- Washing her bath toys;
- Taking "school photos" at daycare;
- Running errands and people watching with Mama/Papa;
- Reading books;
- Exploring the museum of science (so much fun for all!);
- Watching the butterflies in the MOS exhibit;
- Playing with other kids inside of a space shuttle exhibit at the MOS; and
- Having various play dates with adults and kids.
Here are a few recent photos of the 22-month-old.
.JPG) |
"I haven't decided which hand I will lead with.
Iny, minnie, miney, mo - Left or Right?" |
.JPG) |
"Mama, don't think I didn't notice the cookie display when we
first walked into this place?!?!" |
 |
| "Butterflies are so cool; can I have one?" |
 |
"If you are going to make me pose for school photos
I'm going to bring Bunny." |
 |
| "Mom, put the camera away, my pants are down." |
 |
| "Hey, I thought I was going to pig-pile you!" |
No comments:
Post a Comment