The "terrible two's" may have come a couple months early. I think I experienced Emma's first ever true tantrum. It was awesome (in a tantrum sort of a way, not really awesome).
The lack of milk, an unexpected bag of Doritos, and a change in schedule/consistency/scenary, lead to an epic tantrum the other night. I say "epic" but I really have no idea what is in store for the future - this could be no big deal. :)
The tantrum went on for ten minutes (reality, it was probably only a few) at a restaurant. I couldn't control it, help it, distract it, the tantrum just seemed to snowball and get worse and worse. So Emma and I got a to-go box and packed up. Well I did the packing, she sat there yelling and throwing pizza to the floor.
She quickly calmed down in the car, when her favorite radio station started playing. She likes pop music and tells me "uh-oh" (pointing to radio) "bro-ken" when I play my calm, relaxing, soft rock from the River, 92.5. I hope her taste matures as she gets older, maybe she could learn that from me. :)
We walked into the house, she pet Lily, unzipped her jacket, asked for pizza (& milk, of course), and settled in for the evening - like nothing happened. Meanwhile it took a tall glass of my favorite brew for me to forget. I know I need to go with the flow better, maybe I could learn that from Emma.
Thursday, March 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment