Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Emma's First Cold

Emma experienced her first cold during the Christmas holiday.  A cold which seemed to touch everyone around us.  :( 

I used an awesome nose sucker thing that a friend recommended to me.  It was traumatizing to Emma, but worked great.  I also used some Vick's vapor rub and and elevated her crib mattress.  However, that just didn't seem to be enough.  So after a few days I called her pediatrician, Dr. Oteri.  Dr. Oteri prescribed the following:
  • Elderberry syrup - for treatment of cold and flu symptoms;
  • Vitamin D - for an immunity boost; and
  • Pulsatilla - for treatment of her thick, yucky mucus.
Relief from her cold was noticable within a day or two. 

Elderberry syrup is messy! 

Bath time after medicine!

Mmmmmm, elderberries are tasty!

1 comment:

LivinLinds said...

That's elderberry madness!!! Love how supportive the doc is in handling Emma's remedies in a natural way!