Why you ask? Her body doesn't need it so why bother with sugar. In general, sugar does more harm than good to children and adults. We struggle enough getting her to eat the good food that she needs. If we gave her sugar it would make that fight even harder. Hopefully she'll grow up and continue to love the vegetables, fruit, and whole grains that she enjoys now. Who knows?!?! Maybe she'll just be an Oreo addict like her Mama.
I say "we have not given Emma any direct sugar" because I acknowledge some medicines, vitamins, and "healthy" snacks do contain sugar. Plus there is always what is fed to her when we are not around...
When will we finally expose her to the "wonderful" world of sugar? Who knows. I cannot picture her 1st birthday without a birthday cake, so maybe then. One thing is for sure, her grandparents won't stop asking when she will finally be able to get a taste. :)
| Why eat sugar when you can devour spinach? |

No comments:
Post a Comment