Thursday, May 31, 2012

Exploring the Central Coast of California

Emma celebrated her first birthday in Monterey, California.  Emma and I were in Monterey while I attended a conference.  Grandma Shelar flew to Monterey to take care of Emma for the week.  Emma had lots of quality time with Grandma, while I got to enjoy the conference without the stress of missing Emma.  It was a win-win!!!

Emma enjoyed the following activities while hanging out with Grandma Shelar in Monterey:
  • Daily visits to the seals at the pier;
  • Exploring the historic structures in town via a walking path;
  • Eating dinner with Momma almost every night;
  • Getting dressed up in a birthday outfit for her official 1st birthday;
  • Enjoying some pomegranate sorbet (first sugar!!!) on her birthday - she REALLY enjoyed it;
  • Ordering room service and lounging at the hotel;
  • Playing with starfish and seaweed and checking out the turtles and jellyfish at the aquarium;
  • Playing with her new toys (birthday presents and aquarium souvenirs); and
  • Being the much-talked-about celebrity of the conference.
Here are some photos of Emma enjoying quality time with Grandma in Monterey.

Hanging out with Grandma in her Birthday tutu.

Emma is one!

Eating veggie sushi for her birthday dinner
with Mamma and Grandma.

"Room service!!!  More coffee please!"

"I love you, Grandma!"

Hanging out at the Monterey Aquarium.

No comments: