Friday, November 30, 2012

Green Smoothies

Emma is color blind when it comes to what a "normal" smoothie should look like.  So when I give her a green smoothie that is full of spinach, omega 3s, and probiotics, she has no clue!!!  All that matters is that it is sweetened with berries and other fruit, so details like coloring mean nothing to her.

The first time I made her one, she cried while I used the blender.  She wasn't a fan of the noise.  Once she got a taste of the result, she didn't say a word for five minutes.  Which is about as long as it took her to slurp down the ~9 ounce smoothie.  Now she hears the blender and she immediately starts pulling at my pant leg saying "Mo, mo, mo, mo" (translation: more, more, more, more).

She thinks the green smoothies are the greatest!!!  And I think I'm pretty cool because I'm secretly reintroducing leafy greens into my daughter's diet!  Shhhhh, its our little secret!

"So there are veggies in this smoothie?!?!
  No, I don't believe it!"

No comments: