Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cookie Monster

Emma loves Cookie Monster from Sesame Street.  She calls the TV show, Cookie or Elmo.  Elmo is her second favorite character.  But Cookie holds the top spot!!!  She grins, points at the TV, and says "Cookie" whenever she sees this puppet.  She has even started eating like Cookie Monster (remind me to get a video of that).  She is a big fan.  To the point where I'm even thinking about having a Cookie Monster themed 2nd birthday party for her.  Hmmmm.

Side note: hilarious post about toddler birthday parties written from the toddler's perspective can be found here - The Honest Toddler.  Love that blog!  My sister-in-law introduced me to that blog and I've been following ever since.  

So what is a girl to do when she loves Cookie - make chocolate chip cookies of course!!!  A recent snowed-in weekend provided the perfect opportunity (thanks Nemo!).  Emma helped put and mix the ingredients in the bowl.  She tried almost all of the ingredients along the way.  Her favorite was flax seeds (yes, I'm that person who tries to make cookies "healthy").  After making the cookies we watched Sesame Street and ate a cookie with Cookie Monster!

"Its so delicious, once it touches my lips."

"Mmmmmm flax seeds."
 
"This bowl of deliciousness is mine!"

She totally had some dough.

Here she is so sad that the dough is in the oven
and not in her mouth.

"This show is so much better when you are eating
cookies and watching cookie." -said
Emma, not Papa (in case you were wondering)

2 comments:

LivinLinds said...

Just saw this post. I made chocolate/butterscotch chip cookies with wheat flour (it's all I had) and I was hoping they came out ok. If you like cardboard with chocolate or butterscotch chips then those are right up your alley! Yuck. I made a promise to not screw with the composition that is Nestlé toll house chocolate chip cookie. :)

Simply Lou said...

That is dedication to cookies - making with all whole wheat. Desperate times call for desperate measures?

I can never get away with 100% whole wheat flour. I try, but the taste and texture is just wrong to me. I can usually get away with replacing 1/4 to 1/3 of the white flour with whole wheat. But that is all!