Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Grandpa & Grandma Visit!!!

Grandpa and Grandma Shelar visited for a long weekend and everyone enjoyed the quality time!  We especially enjoy when Grandpa and Grandma come to visit because the general motto is "Why make Papa and Mama do it when Grandpa and Grandma are here!"  I don't think I changed a poopy diaper all weekend!  We had so much fun, covered many miles, and visited old hang outs.  Emma enjoyed some extra special Grandpa and Grandma time when Papa and Mama went to work.  It was  a fun-filled and relaxing weekend.   

Here were some of Emma's favorite moments with Grandpa and Grandma:
  • Cuddles, snuggles, and love from Grandpa and Grandma;
  • Visiting an arts & crafts festival in Jackson, NH;
  • Trying on hats and dancing to music at the festival;
  • Eating ice cream;
  • Lounging at the Mt. Washington Hotel;
  • Watching some kiddos play and roll down a large hill at the Mt. Washington Hotel (Emma was perfectly content sitting and watching);
  • Staying warm at a fire pit (it got chilly at sun down);
  • Listening to and helping conduct a violin and piano during a chamber music session (see video below);
  • Enjoying a messy popsicle while on Grandma's lap (now that is love!);
  • Being taught to signal "one" when asked "How old is Emma?";
  • Eating Grandma's blueberry buckwheat pancakes at Parker's Maple Barn;
  • Going for wagon rides with Grandpa and Grandma; and
  • Feeding Grandpa lots of goldfish and other toddler snacks (a favorite activity when Grandpa is around).
Here are some photos (and video) from Grandpa and Grandma Shelar's recent visit.

Such admiration for this popsicle-eating toddler!

"Mmmmm, I love popsicles.  I hope Grandma
doesn't mind the mess I'm making."
 
"Come on Papa and Mama, you've got to keep up with us!"

Showing Grandma how to eat her ice cream.

Looking all sorts of adorable at Mt. Washington.

Playing with Grandma on the hillside.


"I love cuddles from my Grandma."
 

No comments: