Thursday, August 2, 2012

Popsicle

I made Emma some fruit and yogurt (a couple of her favorite things) popsicles.  It has been hot; and I thought this would be a treat!!!  Or so I thought...

Emma hasn't quite figured out how to eat a popsicle.  She mainly sucks on the handle, but quickly gets frustrated because she doesn't like holding the cold part.  She also likes to finger-lick the popsicle, but easily gets distracted by anything else - that method takes entirely too long! 

I've attempted to show her how to eat a popsicle by placing her hand on the handle and putting the popsicle to her mouth.  But that activity stripped her of her independence and resulted in tears.  I guess I'll need to step back and simply let her figure it out for herself.  All in due time.  :)

In the meantime, here are a few photos of Emma exploring this new food. 

"Is this a chew toy or a snack?"

"Finger-licking good!"

"Mom, I'm an independent woman.  I don't
need you to show me how to run my life!"

No comments: