Emma thoroughly enjoyed her Fourth of July holiday. It had a rocky start when Emma caught a virus, but a quick recovery provided more than enough time for fun! And fun she had. She even got to spend a couple of days with her cousins from out of town. She loves hanging out with them. But I think her favorite part of the weekend was playing with sparklers. An activity that made everyone around her a little nervous, but she did great and followed directions well. The evening's activities culminated with fireworks. The last couple of years we have skipped these , but this year we opted to stay. Emma did great, even with the loud noise. She was a little hesitant at first, but by the fifth or sixth display she was announcing "MY FIREWORKS" as they went off in the sky. Little did she know she is really my little firework...
Emma has been such a great model - a photographer's dream!!! As soon as she sees your camera (or phone) she stops what she is doing, poses, and says "cheese". What more could a photographer (or an eager mother who loves to document her daughter's every move) want??? Well that came to a screeching halt last week when I asked Emma if she could smile and say cheese while I took her picture. Her response: "No cheese Mama." And sat there with a pout. I said never mind and put my camera away. Emma said "Mama picture, no cheese!" Well okay then - see photo. And ever since then she has gradually stopped saying cheese, or looking at the camera, or even smiling at the camera. I guess I'm going to have to be more creative about getting this little girl to smile for my obsessive photo-documentation!!! Wish me luck.

No comments:
Post a Comment