We expected Emma to nap on the way there - an hour and a half drive in the middle of her naptime. But of course she didn't (never expect something from a toddler). Despite the lack of a nap, she was in great spirits, enjoyed people watching, loved the music, and had fun playing on the grass and along the water.
Recently, we have found Emma's attention span to be surprisingly long. We have been able to bring her to productions such as these, band concerts in our town, and the movies without much interruption from her. The Annie show went on for over two hours with one intermission. Emma survived the entire first half. We got up and took a play break during intermission. During the second half, she lost focus on the show and expressed more interest in playing on the grass. The benefit of an outdoor show, playing on the grass is what we did.
We had a great time and got to spend the day in Portsmouth, one of our favorite cities. Here are some photos and a video taken that day.
| "Next year I want to play Annie, as long as I can bring that puppy home." |
| "Its over 90 degrees, please make sure I have an ice cream in my hand at all times." |
| "Mom, I'm okay to wander around on my own, I don't need you following me everywhere." |
| "I'm sleeping with a grumpy face in protest of leaving Portsmouth." |
Here is a video of Emma and me playing tackle football. You can hear the actors in the video but Emma's giggles cannot be missed.

No comments:
Post a Comment