Wednesday, August 14, 2013

McDonald's

Okay, I recognize I've been posting a lot about food lately.  I'm pregnant so give me a break.  Plus, every other recent sentence from Emma's mouth includes a "Mama, hungry, I eat something."  She is a growing girl.

Oh McDonald's.  Its a love-hate relationship.  I hate it, but the rest of my family loves it.  I hate it because I can't identify the ingredients in my food; but I love it when we need a fast meal (only option in our town).

Its amazing how their food is really made to be loved.  Emma at a young age enjoyed a chicken nugget long before she ever enjoyed "real" meat.  The texture, crunch, etc. was made to be attractive to kids like her (or her Papa who still love a nugget or two).  We have probably been there only a handful of times (okay maybe two handfuls) since Emma was born.  But the mention of McDonald's has Emma singing about french fries in a second.  Amazing (sad?) how McDonald's just becomes part of one's life at an early age.

Kids, they really love do McDonald's...

"Mom, stop stressing out about what is in this
'chicken' nugget.  Its freaking delicious, that is
all that matters."

"I ate my apples first, be happy about that.  Do you think I can
get a 'milk' shake?  Too soon to ask?"

"Quarter pounders are the best!!!!"

No comments: