Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Kitchen Helper

After seeing a friend's daughter (2 years old) use one this past summer, we decided we HAD to get Emma a Kitchen Helper for Christmas.  Then after reading the following Amazon customer review, I decided Christmas needed to come early!

"My 18-month-old wouldn't let me do ANYTHING in the kitchen.  Always crying at my feet, wanting to be held.  Now he 'helps' me make dinner and is a lot happier at the counter."

This review IS Emma!  And the Kitchen Helper has held up to every expectation I had for it!  I would definitely recommend this product for any Toddler - especially the ones that are attached to their Mamas and fussy while their Mama is working in the kitchen!  It has truly been a game-changer in our household.

From her Kitchen Helper, Emma can see what I'm doing while I am cooking.  She helps prepare the food - sorting, peeling garlic, handing things to you, mixing, etc.  She snacks on the food that is being prepared/cooked - cheese, spinach, beans, etc.  She plays games and peek-a-boo with her Papa from her Kitchen Helper.  And she has the ability to crawl onto and out of her Kitchen Helper all on her own.

Here are a few photos of Lil Miss Independent in her Kitchen Helper!

Eating a "nana" (translation: banana).

Helping her Mama make pancakes!

Here is a video (get ready for cuteness overload) of Emma in her Kitchen Helper playing with her Papa:


2 comments:

Bon in California said...

Emma gets cuter every day! Scott and Tiff bought one of these contraptions for Shea. I thought "What a waste of money." until I was at their place. Love that thing! He climbs us and uses it just like Emma. They also covered the counter with craft paper and gave him crayons. Their island has 2 levels so it works great. Hope you guys have a fabulous holiday! We're off to Vegas for the 25th and the grandkids are coming to celebrate in January.

Simply Lou said...

They are not cheap! But it has more than paid for itself!!! I love the idea of covering the counter with craft paper! I'm going to have to use that one.