We had so much fun during our recent California vacation. We headed to Cali for 10 days - woohoo. I think that was our longest Californian vacation yet. We kicked things off at a beach house in Sunset Beach with our Canadian friends who have three young boys. Then headed inland to visit with all of my family. It was a great combination of a sun-filled beach vacation and quality time with family.
Along the way, we celebrated Emma's 2nd birthday with a celebration at GG's house (my Grandma Jane) and a family party at Nana's house (my Grandma Judy and co-hosted by Grandma Shelar, my mom). Emma also had a table of 9 family members (along with several wait staff) sing happy birthday to her on our last night in Cali. Emma loved all the extra attention and of course the extra treats!
Here are some of the activities Emma enjoyed during our California adventure:
- Flying like its no big deal;
- Playing, watching, and following the boys around the beach house and beach;
- Making lots of crafts with Aunt Bonnie;
- Learning how to use an iPad and an iPhone;
- Getting her first haircut at CoolCuts (such a cute business - I want to open one!);
- Getting a tan and lightening her hair with the sun;
- Going on a family bike ride along the boardwalk with our Canadian friends using a 8-seater tourist bike;
- Winning tickets at an arcade and getting a fake Barbie doll as a prize;
- Eating at Papa and Mama's favorite restaurants;
- Requesting pancakes for breakfast, over and over - I guess its her favorite;
- Enjoying all kinds of desserts - churros, ice cream, gelato, cake, cookies, etc.;
- Going shopping;
- Going swimming in four pools - she couldn't get enough;
- Crying because she couldn't go swimming while at dinner overlooking a pool;
- Enjoying quality time with Aunt Lindsay and Uncle Coco (her face lights up whenever she sees either of them);
- Hanging out with her newborn baby second cousin - and by hanging out, I mean she was sooooooo happy to be near him, touch him, cuddle him, and kiss him;
- Playing with bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and all kinds of other fun toys with Grandma;
- Making cookies with Grandma - an all time favorite activity;
- Sleeping on a sleeping bag for four nights (by choice);
- Playing at a couple of parks;
- Pooping in her cousin's tub - oops;
- Having enough of restaurants;
- Going everywhere with her birthday balloon from Grandma - the obsession lasted a good 24 hours; and
- Playing with my families' dogs - cuddling the calm ones and throwing balls at the hyper ones;
Here are some of the photographs of Emma enjoying life in California.
 |
| "Can Lacy fit in my luggage?" |
 |
"Can someone get me a coffee while I hang out with Bret at our iPad cafe?" |
 |
| "Happy birthday to me!" |
 |
| "GG, I can swing higher than you!" |
 |
"Mom, please stop taking pictures. The flash distracts me from my cookie making with Grandma." |
 |
| "Ohhhh, its so hard being me." |
 |
| "I just love baby Landon." |
 |
| "Everyone, say CHEESE!!!" |
 |
"G Papa (aka Great Papa), if you leave your chair you have to call fivers; otherwise, it's free game." |
 |
| "Barbie and I had a long day." |
 |
| "Wow, look at all these seashells?!?!" |
 |
"Aunt Lindsay, please hold my head while I watch this movie." |
 |
"Hanging out on this 8-seater bike with my buddy Bret - Life is good!" |
 |
| "This stuff right here is the bomb!" |
 |
| "Mom, I need more chorizo in my diet." |
 |
| Emma wasn't the only one with big smiles in Cali. |
 |
| "Cookies and Elmo while flying - I love Jet Blue." |
1 comment:
California misses you and your Mama and Papa!!!! Her hair really did light up!? Love you! Big hugs!
Post a Comment