Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mac N Cheese

When I was a kid, a favorite meal of mine was blue box (Kraft) macaroni and cheese.  Well guess who has a favorite meal?  Miss Emma also happens to love her blue box.  Actually, she'll take any boxed mac n cheese.

Usually when we make mac n cheese it's because I've given up on a proper dinner and/or its an unusually fussy evening.  If that is the case, the freezer and cupboards are referenced for quick meals.  Sometimes Emma is asked what she wants: mac n cheese or gnocchi for example.  Her response is ALWAYS: "ack n eesssssse!"  Her contribution to the meal doesn't end there.  She always helps make it too.

Here are a couple of photos of Emma helping Mama make some mac n cheese.

"When you said hand me the butter, I thought
you meant eat it."

"This mac n cheese looks delicious, but how am
I going to pick out all that spinach?"

I'm happy because there are cheesy shells in
my bowl, but not so much about the peas.

No comments: