Emmatude usually makes an appearance between the hours of 4:30 and 5:30 pm - every day! At this time of day she is fussy and likes to let us know who is boss! Even her caregivers at daycare notice this is HER time of day. She demands the most attention, but sometimes doesn't want any. She may yell, cry, throw a fit, or just pout. Some days she responds well with a snack or dinner and other days she couldn't be bothered. You never know what you are going to get with Emmatude. One thing is for sure, she generally likes to be held during this time.
Her "witching hour"? Only a "phase"? Pay-back for the fits her Papa used to throw as a child? I refer to the Emmatude hour as her "I-am-hungry-but-I-am-not-going-to-let-you-make-dinner-because-I-want-you-to-hold-me-can-I-have-cheddar-bunnies-for-dinner" hour. Either way, she lets us know she rules the house with a little Emmatude.
Usually her Papa and I make a good team during Emmatude, one running the interference / entertainment / distraction detail while the other hustles around the kitchen pulling together some sort of dinner for everyone. It generally works, but we are looking forward to the end of this "phase".
Here is an action shot of Emma with Emmatude; and also a video of Emma and I playing the Emmatude "Shhhhh" game. A favorite of mine because she will share some giggles in between the fussy spells (a sign of hysterics?)

No comments:
Post a Comment