Wednesday, January 2, 2013

19-Months-Old

She is so grown up!  How did that happen?  Each of these monthly milestones seem to fly by.  I know, I know I say this every month.  Here are some of the fun activities Emma the 19-month-old has been doing:
  • Saying "Mama" to anyone she wants to go to (and I thought I was special);
  • No longer breastfeeding (a trip to Texas surprisingly provided all the distractions necessary to wean herself);
  • Having a scare with lice (ugh, daycare life!!!);
  • Snacking on anything and everything (she especially enjoys her Grandpa Soos' cashews);
  • Being super playful with her people and/or toys;
  • Pig-piling stuffed animals and/or anybody laying down;
  • Holding hands with little boys at daycare (a t-shirt I recently saw comes to mind "guns don't kill people, fathers with pretty daughters do");
  • Playing with her new Christmas toys;
  • Being cared for by her Aunt Lindsay;
  • Traveling (very well) to Texas to visit Grandma Shelar;
  • Watching movies;
  • Mimicking her Mama and Papa;
  • Having her first Happy Meal at McDonald's (she ate all the apple slices, a few fries, and a mcnugget);
  • Exploring the use of chopsticks at mealtime;
  • Communicating and using new words like help, up (when she wants to be held), yeah (yes), and poops (after she goes);
  • Heading to her diaper changing table or handing you a diaper after she goes "poops";
  • Making animal sounds like quack, woof, meow, moo, baa, etc.; and
  • Using the sign for more (both hands coming together at the finger tips - something she picked up from another child at daycare).
Here are a few photos and a video of Emma as a 19-month-old.

Coconut oil and tight ponytails during the lice
scare at daycare.

Emma snacking on her Grandpa's cashews.

Chopsticks fun at dinner time.

Emma loved her McDonald's chicken mcnugget.

Playing in her Mama's growler holder.

Even Emma needs a tissue when Mama has a
bloody nose.

Looking so grown up while playing with her new toys.


No comments: